- These terms and conditions apply to the commercial rental of bicycles of any kind and accessories (hereinafter collectively referred to as vehicle). The terms and conditions apply regardless of whether the bicycles were handed over/transferred directly by the rental company (velo-bavaria) or whether they were handed over/transferred by a hotel or other intermediary.
- Reservation and cancellation: The reservation of the vehicles can be made verbally or in writing and is binding after confirmation of the reservation. The lessor is responsible for charging a deposit of 50% of the rental price to make the reservation valid. Withdrawal or cancellation is possible. Depending on the time of cancellation, the landlord may charge the tenant compensation. The amount of compensation depends on the price of the trip. The cancellation fees, which are incurred in the event of cancellation of the trip or failure to commence the trip, are: – up to the 30th day before departure 25% – from the 29th – 15th day before departure 50% – from the 14th – 08th day before departure 70% – from the 07th – 01st day before departure 90% – on the day of departure or failure to commence the trip 90%.
- The rental price is based on the agreement in the rental contract and is paid in advance. The renter has to hand over the vehicle to the lessor at the agreed time at the agreed place. An extension of the rental period or a change of the place of return requires the prior approval of the lessor before the expiry of the rental period. If the vehicle is not returned to the agreed place at the agreed time, the Lessee shall pay the Lessor the daily rental charge for each day commenced and, if applicable, compensate the Lessor for any damage exceeding the daily rental charge. The amount of the damage shall be assessed by the Lessor.
- Before the start of the journey: All rented objects have been checked by the lessor for their safety and suitability and are handed over to the lessee free of defects. The tenant has to convince himself of this and report any existing defects immediately to the landlord (or the hotel) and record them in writing in the rental contract. The renter has received a short briefing before the start of the journey and has familiarized himself with the vehicle. The rented items are to be treated with care by the renter and returned at the end of the rental period.
- The renter has to handle the vehicle carefully and within the scope of the usual use of such vehicles and to observe all regulations and technical rules relevant for the use and to avoid damages (participation in competitions, races or similar are explicitly excluded from the use). The regulations regarding the maximum weight of the vehicle incl. payload must also be observed by the renter. Costs for repair work not caused by wear and tear shall be borne by the renter. In case of other breaches of contract the renter is liable according to the general liability rules. In particular, the lessee must return the vehicle – apart from soiling and wear and tear – in the same condition as when he took it over. The Lessor shall be entitled to terminate the contractual relationship prematurely at any time in the event of improper use of the vehicle and to demand that the vehicle be returned, without the Lessee’s obligation under Clause 3 lapsing for the period of non-use.
- When not in use, the vehicle must always be kept locked and connected to an immovable object (e.g. bicycle stand, lamppost, etc.).
- In case of loss or total loss caused by the Lessee, the Lessee shall compensate the Lessor for the value of the vehicle. Damages caused by theft have to be reported by the renter to the lessor as well as to the responsible police authority immediately. In case of loss of the bicycle lock and/or the corresponding key caused by the Lessee, the Lessor shall charge the Lessee a flat rate of 10€ or 25€ in case of locks/keys of e-bikes.
- The renter has to report all defects and damages of the vehicle to the lessor immediately. The lessor will remedy the defects or procure replacements. The Lessee may only commission other operating facilities than those of the Lessor for repairs with the consent (prior approval) of the Lessor; otherwise the Lessee shall bear the costs arising from the commissioning itself. If the lessee does not notify the lessor of defects that occur, the lessee shall be liable for all further costs arising from the failure to notify, in particular personal injury and property damage to third parties.
In case of accidents the lessee has to inform the lessor immediately, at the latest when returning the vehicle, about all details – if necessary in writing under presentation of a sketch. The accident report must contain in particular the names and addresses of the persons involved and any witnesses, if necessary the registration numbers of vehicles involved. The renter has to inform the police after an accident, as far as the determinations necessary for the clarification of the accident cannot be made reliably in another way, e.g. with the help of witnesses. Opposing claims must not be acknowledged.
The lessor (i.e. himself and his employees) is liable, apart from the violation of essential contractual obligations, only for gross negligence (i.e. for intent and gross negligence).
If individual parts of the contract should be invalid or ineffective, the effectiveness of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected.
Place of performance and jurisdiction for both parties is Tutzing.
As far as personal data is collected, this is done, as far as possible, on a voluntary basis. This data will not be disclosed to third parties without your knowledge and consent. If you rent a bike through one of our cooperation partners, we assume your consent to the transfer of the necessary data to this cooperation partner. If a contractual relationship is to be established between you and us, or its content is to be developed or changed, or if you submit an inquiry to us, we collect and use personal data from you to the extent necessary for these purposes (inventory data). All personal data will only be stored for as long as is necessary for the stated purpose (processing of your inquiry or processing of a contract). In this context, retention periods under tax and commercial law are taken into account. By order of the competent authorities, we may provide information on this data (inventory data) in individual cases, insofar as this is necessary for the purposes of criminal prosecution, to avert danger, to fulfill the statutory tasks of the constitution protection authorities or the Military Counter-Intelligence Service or to enforce intellectual property rights. You may revoke your consent to this privacy agreement at any time. Please address your revocation to the company named in the imprint.